Thursday, December 20

Love; Simple, irrevocable love.

Age...

What is it, but a number? Factually, it is an accurate account of how long we have been a living human being. How long we have been breathing and keeps an accurate record of our continual aging as we grow nearer to our final salvation and everlasting life.

But, does age tell us how wise we are? Usually, it can be a very good predictor. But age can never account for the diamonds that are already taking shape. Sometimes, age is simply a boundary that is keeping us from something great. Age is an emotionless and non-relevant reminder of society's illogical boundaries keeping us from our true destinies.

Tell me, if a 40 year old man dates a 20 year old woman, what reaction does he get? Usually, by most of his friends, he is applauded. By women, he is a man. We believe he is a pig who needs a younger woman. always looking for the next best thing. What about a woman who is 40 and a guy who is 20. Then, he is applauded. and the woman; well she is a "cougar".

Seriously, age only tells us one thing, how long we have been living. If there wasn't such an emphasis on the ages of the people we are with or the people we fall for, more people may actually find love. Now, I am not saying 40 year old men should be able to marry 3 year old.  I am simply saying, if you happen to find solace and peace in your time spent with a guy four years younger than you, who is society to tell you it is inappropriate? Okay, we have laws. 18 is legal adulthood. But the law is no less forgiving that society. Most of the time, relationships are torn apart by parents who do not like "that guy" their daughter is seeing or vice versa.

So society has this game of breaking us down. She is too old, he is too young. He is too old, she is too young. He could be her father, she could be his granddaughter. How about society butts out?
How about we search for love. How about we look for the rarest and most pure emotion I have ever had the honor of feeling. LOVE; a four letter word that can fundamentally change the schematics of our life. A word that can have us chasing eternity. A word that has the power to make us break every rule, moral, and value we have set in place and believed in.

As in 1 Corinthians 13:


 "If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Love. Undying, irrevocable love. It is what we, as human beings, are forever searching for. Our soul is always looking for it's counter point in another. As a hopeless romantic, I could never allow myself to shy away from love.

Fight for love. Hope for love. Pray for love. Advocate for love. We are the basic puzzle pieces of love. Heart to heart, we are always betting on, hoping for, and searching for love even on our most basic level.

Why keep ourselves from it?

If you find it, bottle it up, hold onto it tight, and enjoy the ride. It is a quick one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment