Monday, January 30

closed off

I think - maybe - we hold ourselves back. Because we are afraid of what will happen if we open up; so we hide. We don't explore the world, we don't go out alone, we don't allow ourselves to experience new things or meet new people. Remaining heartbroken, no longer trusting, and unwilling to reopen up - we hold back. We avoid everyday life. We become robotic. We follow a rigid routine. Unwilling to change our habits, our preferences, our inability to open up and experience life. We lose ourselves. We have lost ourselves.

I know I am guilty of this. I refuse to open up. Being broken; I refuse to repair. However, with help I can rebuild. I can relearn to grow and experience. In time, I will begin to repair and become strong. In time - I will become me. I will meet new people, go new places, and learn to open up and allow love in.  In time...

In time - I will find myself, become who I truly am, and refuse to hold back any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment